Congratulations Graduates and families! This is an exciting time for you all and we hope to share some information to help you plan for the big day!
Please take a moment to review the important information below.
Graduation will take place on Saturday, May 25th, 2019, at the Mayo Civic Center, 30 Civic Center Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
Below you will find a map of the Mayo Civic Center and surrounding streets. Please familiarize yourself with this map and the location of crosswalks and entrances to the Mayo Civic Center. This is a very busy day in and around the Mayo Civic Center due to road construction and the Med City Marathon. This will impact traffic, parking, and entrance to the facility.
- The map notes which ramps and lots are available to the public. The map also shows road and ramp closures, nearby parking options, drop-off/pick-up locations, skyways, and the Farmer’s Market location. Please see the key at the bottom of the map.
- The City of Rochester/Rochester Public Transit is offering a Free Fare Saturday on May 25. Families can choose to ride public transit on the City’s normal routes that day at no cost.
- Parking is also free in all city lots on Saturday.
- The Mayo Clinic East (Fullerton) Lot is open to the public and free all-day May 25th.
- The sidewalk is closed on the south side of 1 St. SE between 1 Ave.
- SE and Civic Center Dr SE. All other sidewalk and crosswalks are open.
- All skyways are open.
Due to lack of parking and the potential for congestion, Rochester Public Schools will be busing students from their high school to graduation rehearsal on Friday, May 24th. Students should not drive directly to the Mayo Civic Center. Buses will be departing each high school and students will receive report times from their school.
Families, please allow extra time to park and walk to the Mayo Civic Center on graduation day. Students are required to arrive 1 hour prior to the ceremony.
- Mayo High School Graduation starts at 3:00 PM.
The District will also be streaming the graduations live and making available for later viewing on our YouTube channel.