Catch up on the details for Mayo's Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony.
Dear Mayo Seniors and Families:
While we know that graduation won’t be the same this year, we hope that you are as excited as we are to celebrate your achievement with our drive up graduation planned for Friday, May 29, from 4:00 – 7:00 PM As we get closer to the big day, we want to be sure you have all the information you need.
Here are some important details:
- Graduation will run from 4:00 – 7:00 PM
- Graduates will be required to sign up for a 30-minute time slot to alleviate a potential long line. The link to the Signup Genius will be sent via Skylert to seniors on Friday, May 22, at 8:00 AM Please sign up as soon as you can and sign up only once. We will do our best to get everyone through in a timely manner.
- Graduates should have a family member drive them to/through the graduation. In other words, graduates should not drive themselves. However, graduates are welcome to have as many family members with them as their vehicle safely allows.
- Graduates should wear their caps and gowns to graduation. Please wear appropriate clothing with your cap and gown (just like at our traditional graduation). Make sure your tassel is to the right!
- Vehicles will enter at the intersection of 13 ½ Street and 11th Avenue SE (entrance closest to the tennis courts). Graduates will follow the attached map and will check in with staff at Point A. You will be given a nametag and 2 graduation programs. Please stay in line and proceed to point B.
- At point B, you will be greeted by an administrator and will be given the option to stay in the vehicle or walk across the stage.
- Graduates, please hand your nametag to the administrator, and at that time, you will receive directions to receive your diploma. If you exit your vehicle, we ask that your vehicle stay in line and move toward Point C where you will get back in your vehicle.
- Graduates will have the option to stay in the vehicle or walk across the stage. Please communicate your preference to the administrator at Point B if you wish to remain contactless.
- Graduates, once you receive your diploma, Mr. Prigge will instruct you to move your tassel from right to left. Please proceed to the Mayo logo on the stage for a quick photo. You will then return to your vehicle.
- Mayo High School staff will be lining the route, cheering on our graduates. Staff will be required to wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- RPS staff will be compiling video footage of the event and adding this to a longer Mayo graduation video that will include speeches and other important graduation memories. The link to this video will be made available to families when it is completed.
- In the event of rain, graduation would be moved to the following day, Saturday, May 30, again from 4:00-7:00 PM This would be announced via Skylert.
Thank you for your patience and understanding through this process. Together, we can create a very memorable experience while celebrating your time at Mayo High School. I am very proud to be a Spartan and look forward to seeing all the graduates on May 29th.
Take Care and Be Safe,
Mayo High School Principal
Questions? Call the Mayo High School office at (507) 328-5577 or Principal Troy Prigge at (507) 328-5463.